Summer Ready?


Summer makes me think of long lazy days spent in the sun, flip flops permanently attached to my feet, dining alfresco, sipping ice-cold watermelon caipirinhas (ill post recipes soon!) and swimming in natural lakes.

Summer inevitably means baring more skin, as we prepare ourselves for all the sundresses, playsuits, shorts and swimsuits we'll hopefully get to wear. 


Hales Golfwear Summer '16 Collection
 
Remember that poster that caused so much turmoil amongst women when they paired a young bikini-clad woman with the question 'are you beach-body ready'?


Women everywhere went crazy. Some felt they were being preached to, that they had to conform to having model-type bodies. If they didn't look like the girl in the poster then did that mean they were not beach ready? Pressure and then some. I especially enjoyed the backlash with women posting pics in their bikinis, women of different races, sizes, body shapes, saying yes I'm beach-body ready, thank-you very much!


Needless to say the posters were removed.
  See how powerful our female voices are?

See how we can fundamentally change the world we live in?


We are all different. Some of us (me included) are not blessed with model figures, I'm a little too big and round in the backside, and my tummy sticks out a little, wearing bikinis fill me with fear. I have cellulite and I'm convinced everyone is looking at it and laughing. I once spent some pool time with my bf wrapped in a sarong because I was so self-conscious about my dimpled thighs. When I look back at the photos I realize how silly I was. 


It's so important to feel confident and comfortable in our skin, in our bodies whatever form they take. Loving our bodies and remembering how amazing they are. (We can run, skip, swim, hug, kiss, dance, play). I know it can be an uphill battle. I've had 'that' conversation with myself in the mirror many times.

Did you know that by smiling, even if its a fake smile you can fool your brain into secreting 'happy' hormones? Which then makes you smile for real. So by that theory, surely you can fake your way into feeling more confident, more powerful, more (insert what you want or need most here).

Athletes do it.
They imagine themselves winning the match, tournament or race. They live the moment in their minds over and over, visualizing how it will look and feel when they win. They fake it till they make it. And if it works for them then it can work for us too!

What you wear can also have a huge effect on how you feel. Giving you a major confidence boost or making you feel worse. Take a look at what you choose to wear, is it flattering, does the colour bring out your unique skin tones, does it make you look slimmer, curvier, do you look at yourself in the mirror and think 'I'm a winner'? Cause if you don't then it may be time to update your wardrobe. 


Hales Golfwear Summer 16 Collection
  
We all want sports clothing that makes us look fabulous and gets the job done. We want to look sexy but we don't want to have to bare all our skin to do that.  Its hard to get the perfect balance. Some get it right and others fail.

Hales Golfwear Summer '16 Collection
 
As a Fashion Designer and a woman I  want women to look their best, to feel comfortable and confident. So I create sportswear that is flattering, feminine and oh so stylish. Stand out for your style and your swing.

 

If something makes you happy then its worth having. Our fresh summer palette of fuchsias, corals and turquoise is so deliciously vibrant and fun, its easy to fall in love with it all.

So be bold. Be brave. Be fearless.


And if you cant be, then 'fake' it all the way.

 

Hales Golfwear  www.halesgolfwear.com




Comments